Hey, I'm glad you're here!
My name is Kameron Jenkins, I'm an SEO who loves few things more than learning and travel. As much as I love search (and I really love search), it wouldn't be very "on brand" of me to exclude other important parts of my life.
Search engine optimization
SEO is what I do professionally, but it's also become a bit of a hobby. I've spent the last 7 years working in the SEO arm of a full-service digital marketing agency, and most recently as the SEO Wordsmith at Moz, where I write content that teaches people about SEO and informs them how to use Moz's SEO software.
I'm driven by the desire to simplify complex concepts, which is why you'll see so much instructional SEO content on this site. If you're in the digital marketing space or aspire to be, I hope you find this helpful!
I'm the one that raised her hand to remind the teacher we had homework. The one who hated taking sick days. The one who cried on the last day of school (yes, those are all real). Why do I tell you my tales of my embarrassing nerdom? Because I believe it's a pretty critical component of who I am. The second pillar of this website focuses on growth, whether that be personal or professional. If you're a life learner who's fascinated by just about anything, my growth blog is for you!
Loving travel isn't uncommon, but even though travel bloggers are ubiquitous, I still love sharing my adventures. My husband Chris and I are always looking for a new place to explore. We scour deals on Travel Zoo, we base most of our credit card decisions on which ones offer the best travel points, and we're big fans of making food-based travel decisions. If any of that sounds interesting to you, check out my travel blog.
Some of the content I've authored or been featured in. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in collaborating!
- The Goal-Based Approach to Domain Selection [Moz Whiteboard Friday]
- 5 Google My Business Myths Debunked [LSA Insider]
- Why Your Page 1 Ranking Isn’t Making You Money (And How to Fix It) [Spin Sucks]
- 5 Ways to Break the Barriers of Hyperlocal & Reach New Markets [LSA Insider]
- Advice for SEO Specialists: Put On Your PR Hats [LSA Insider]
- SEO & Unveiling the Man Behind the Curtain [Scorpion]
- Recovering from a Manual Action: The Rebirth of Good, Old-Fashioned Marketing [Scorpion]
- You’re Not Fooling Anyone: Why You Can’t Fake Authority [Scorpion]
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Website [Traffic Masters]
- 44 Experts Reveal The Best Digital Marketing Channels of 2017[Clark St. James]
- 18 SEO Experts Reveal Their On-Page SEO Techniques [Business 2 Community]
- Competitive Analysis: 20 Experts Share Their Top Tips and Tools [Attest]
- The Ultimate Guide to SEO in 2017: 45 Insiders on the Future of Search [Linkdex]
- Online Reviews: 20 Ways to Handle Bad Reviews, Boost Your Reputation & Win New Customers [Bulldog Reporter]
- The Best SEO Tools for 2017 [Virtual Stacks]
- Easy Ways to Track Online Reviews of Your Business [Manta]