- Although my first foray into SEO was primarily centered around content development, my first true SEO fascination was Penguin, so I have a lot of experience with backlink audits and cleanup, and I’ve gotten a number of manual penalties for unnatural links lifted.
- Tested and implemented some of the first uses of structured data for my organization, such as local business schema and review markup.
- Built a site migration process (which then turned into its own team) for my organization where one had not existed prior. Doing this for several years has made me extremely familiar with processes such as URL mapping, redirects, page performance analysis, and site architecture.
- Extreme familiarity with keyword research and content strategy setting.
- Extreme familiarity with local visibility factors including Google My Business guidelines, experience working with the Yext platform, and knowledge of data aggregators.
- Have been responsible for the success of campaigns ranging from small-to-medium sized local businesses to enterprise level multi-local franchise brands and health systems.
- Lead recurring cross-departmental SEO training sessions for a variety of audiences, including project managers, sales, and account managers.
- Lead recurring SEO department training sessions on a variety of industry topics and search developments.
- Developed written standards and guides for the SEO, Local SEO, and Content departments.
- Filmed informational videos on SEO to be shared within my organization.
- Spearheaded an SEO industry newsletter for my organization comprising succinct summaries and clear takeaways to supply account managers with critical information for communicating with clients.
- Collaborated with the Learning & Development department to lead the SEO portions of training sessions for all new employees.
- [Goal] Launch and run a local SEO meetup for SEOs and aspiring SEOs in my area.
- [Goal] Speak at (at least 1) industry conference.
- Studied written and business communication at the collegiate level (B.A. Communication).
- Professional experience writing web copy including service offerings, blog posts, and landing pages, and educational copy including training materials and how-to guides.
- Often served as the last line of defense for the most particular clients (“I’ll quit if I don’t like the next round of content.” – no pressure).
- Have written for a handful of SEO industry publications, and would like to continue doing so!
- [Goal] Write and publish a short story.